Football season is here and it’s time for snacks! I love bean dip and refried beans but not the oil and definitely not the lard that sometimes gets added to the mix. Here’s a super easy, quick and healthy way to make beans you can use in burritos, for bean dip, tostadas, tacos…and they taste amazing!
- 3 cups cooked pinto beans, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes (about 2.5” in diameter)
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp cumin
- ½ cup chopped roasted green chilies
- ½ tsp salt
- Small amount of water if needed
Mix all ingredients in high speed blender or food processor with “S” blade until smooth. Add a little water, slowly if needed to make the mixture creamier. Serve as a dip or use inside burritos, tostadas, tacos or layered bean dip.