Fastest ever gravy! This version, with savory spices, is perfect for Thanksgiving dinner. Top potatoes, lentil loaf, tempeh, stuffing, biscuits. No oil, no gluten, no soy, no nuts and low fat. Great taste and texture.
Savory White Bean Gravy
- 1 15oz can Great Northern Beans and liquid
- 1/8 cup nutritional yeast
- Vegetable bouillon powder to flavor 2 cups. (I use a powdered veggie broth and add 1/8 cup, but any bouillon will do. Do not add extra liquid.)
- 1 tsp savory spice mix (I used a “Bohemian Rub” that contained mustard seed, garlic, rosemary, theym, savory, parsley, lavendar and sage)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (add more or less to taste)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
In high speed blender, add all ingredients (do not drain beans – add liquid too) and blend until smooth. Heat with your blender’s soup setting, or heat in sauce pan or microwave and serve.